Constraints - Plan and create an artwork, installation, and/or performance using LED Throwies as your main design element.
Students will be expected to...
- listen to and follow classroom instructions
- assemble your own LED Throwies
- propose a unique method for using LED Throwies to make a unique work of art
- once approved complete the proposed project
- take photos of your progress and post them to the school's website
Graffiti, and to some extent public art in general, has a bad reputation for quality, legality, and the effects on the environment. Within the scope of the project take the time to consider how your art-making will impact the community in which you live. How can you make this the best experience for everyone involved/influenced/effected?
- How long do the LEDs last?
- How well do the magnets stick to objects when thrown?
- Will you be able to collected the LED Throwies after your project is finished?
- Are you minimizing your impact on the environment?
- What are the legal implications of your project?
Note: Students are encouraged to 'hack' or 'mod' their projects!