Simple ArtBot [Bristlebot V. 2]
Assemble the vibration-based ArtBot from GeekDad and hack, or mod, it for use in your own art installation.
- Battery (1.5-3v coin, AA, or AAA)
- Vibration Motor or Brushed DC Motor
- Glue Dots, Double-Sided Tape, or Adhesive
l be expected to...
- listen to and follow classroom instructions
- build your own unique vibration-based robot
- use their robots to make an art installation/performance
- document your progress on the school's website
Constraints can be used by artists to help generate ideas and new ways of doing things. Try to constrain yourself to the ArtBot (or multiples there of) and create a truly unique and engaging art experience.
- How can students keep their Bristlebot from falling over?
- How does moving the motor and/or the battery effect the robot?
- How does the viscosity of the paper and/or the paint influence the robot?
- How do Bristlebots make marks when joined together?
- Can boundaries or walls be introduced?
- Material resources
- Evil Mad Scientist Laboratory
- MAKE Bristlebot Kit
- Three Types of Visual Art
- Art + E
- ducation + Technology
Note: Students are encouraged to 'hack' or 'mod' their projects!